Sync between Mac, iOs and windows

Options
majeur
majeur
Community Member

Hello, I use 1password on my Mac, iPhone, Ipad and since this week, a Windows laptop. All are the most recent versions of 1 password.
The laptop is Windows 7, iOs and OSX are the most recent version.
I do not want to use dropbox or cloud syncing. Wifi sync between the Mac, iPhone and iPad works perfect.
Initialy I synced the laptop via folder based syncing with the Mac. After that, I tought to use the iPhone as an intermediate between the Mac and laptop.
However all items are duplicated now.
What is the right way to keep those devices synced?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @majeur,

I'm sorry to hear you ended up with duplicate items! I'm not quite sure how that happened. You should be able to use Folder sync and Wi-Fi sync together without getting any duplicates. Out of curiosity, what sync service did you use for the Folder sync between Mac and Windows?

To get rid of the duplicates, you can restore 1Password on your Mac from a recent backup. In the 1Password app on your Mac, go to File > Backup (this will create a current backup, just in case). In the window that opens, choose a recent backup from before your items were duplicated, and restore it.

As for the right way to keep 1Password in sync between Mac, iOS, and Windows: If you don't want to use Dropbox, you can either go with just Wi-Fi sync, or combine Wi-Fi sync with Folder sync. It sounds like you had been trying the combination, which should have been fine. The following articles on our support site might be helpful:

Please let us know if you have questions about that. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.