Specify browser per website

Options
bobgrip
bobgrip
Community Member

Most of the time, Safari works fine, but one site I use requires Firefox. Is there a way for "open and fill" to launch a particular browser, other than the default? Thanks..

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@‌bobgrip

I always used something like choosy for OS X for opening a url for a certain site. http://www.choosyosx.com * The site is showing down for maint. and has been for some time now. I have been grabbing it from MacUpdate. http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/31859/choosy

The advanced section works for setting rules based upon url etc, in my cases I usually set if URL contains example.com then always use this browser "Safari" etc

To get the desired result you may need to adjust the rules here and there.

Their are several other similar apps if you look over MacUpdate, so find the one that works best for you.

• Solipsism
    Solipsism
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

That would be a nice option to have when you click "Open & Fill" with the Option key held down.

I have two more workarounds in lieu of this feature existing in 1Password:

1) Enable the Developer mode in Safari's settings which puts a Develop section in the Menu Bar. The first option from the drop down is Open Page With… which lists all your installed browsers.

2) Drag the Favicon from the URL bar in Safari to any browser icon in your Dock to have that URL open up in that browser.

• Meek
    Options

Hi everyone,

Currently Go & Fill will only use your default browser. Thanks for letting us know that this is something you would like to see!

In the meantime, the suggestions from @thightower‌ and @Solipsism‌ should help!

• Bill McCaig
    Bill McCaig
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, Bill. I will add your vote!

This discussion has been closed.