I was running 1Password3, and went to upgrade but got version 5 which is Yosemite only - now what?!?

Options
Gonzo
Gonzo
Community Member

OK, so the subject pretty much says it all. I'm still on Mavericks and not in a huge rush to "upgrade" to Yosemite. I had been putting off the upgrade of 1PW for a while and figured I'd do it now. It indicated that it was up to version 5 - but I did not notice a warning that it was for Yosemite only. I can't even unzip the bloody file as it causes Archive Utility to hang up.

What now - can I get version 4 someplace?!?!?

Thanks in advance for any help you can afford.

= Ed =

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

@Gonzo‌

You can grab version 4 at https://agilebits.com/downloads near the bottom of the page inside the legacy downloads section.

Edit : Make link clickable

• Gonzo
    Gonzo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Will the new license key work with version 4??

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gonzo,

I'm glad to hear that @thightower‌ was able to point you in the right direction. The license file for 1Password 5 should work in 1Password 4 (I've located your license details in our back office records and I'm resending them to the email address on file, just in case you need it.)

If you hit any snags in the process though, please let me know - we're here to help!

• Geegah
    Geegah
    Community Member
    Options

i have the same problem, using 10.9.5 on my MacBook i cannot upgrade to version 5. I just got my new iPhone 6 and want to use the recent iOS version 5.

Can Mac version 4 sync via WiFi with iOS version 5?

If not, i am not able to ugrade both sides!
    Offering an upgrade of a Mac Application that does not even support 3 a week "old" system like 10.9.5 is very adventurous in my opinion!

-Geegah-

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Geegah,

Can Mac version 4 sync via WiFi with iOS version 5?

Yes, Wi-Fi sync is compatible between 1Password 4 for Mac and 1Password 5 for iOS.

• Gonzo
    Gonzo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, and everyone else!

= Ed =

• On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.