Password Custom Fields Don't Sync?

Options
Logic Bus
Logic Bus
Community Member

Yesterday I started using Authy. There's no one Authy password. However, there is a backup/sync password, and one each device you can set up a lock password (or pin, depending on device type).

In 1Password on my work Yosemite machine, I created a "password" content type and in it, created three custom fields: "backup password," "master (desktop) password," and "pin (iphone)." When I got home last night and opened up 1Password on my Windows machine, the Authy item was there, but the three custom fields were missing. I opened 1Password on my iPhone 6, and the custom fields were also missing. Finally I tried 1Password Anywhere (in Dropbox) and the fields were also missing. (BTW, 1Password Anywhere really needs a UI refresh.)

I got to work and today and the three custom fields are still on my Yosemite machine and still populated, which is a relief. But they didn't sync. This appears to be a bug in 1Password Mac, since the custom fields don't appear to be synced. But it may be a bug everywhere else.

Comments

• Hi @Logic Bus‌,

Thanks for writing in, and nicely articulating the issue you're seeing. I think I was able to reproduce your issue here. Here's what I did, let me know if it significantly deviates from what you may have done...

• On my Mac, I created a Login with only Name, URL (used authy.com for both cause I'm unimaginative)
    • Saved the Login
    • Edited the Login, added 3 custom fields. 2 Passwords and 1 Text field.
    • Saved the Login
    • Loaded up the iOS app, which I have syncing via dropbox
    • Confirmed that authy.com was there as a login, but it lacked custom fields

I was able to get the custom fields to show up by editing the name/title of the Login item.

Having not dived in yet to see what's going on, I'm gonna guess that adding/removing custom fields isn't triggering sync for that item, whereas editing the name does. I've filed a bug for me to look into this more deeply and get it fixed up.

As for the comment about 1Password Anywhere needing a UI refresh... I couldn't agree more. Not enough hours in a day, it seems.

Rick

ref: OPM-2552

This discussion has been closed.