Erased and installed and now I am in Demo mode again

Options
Darren Gallop
Darren Gallop
Community Member

So I have been having some issues with 1password in my Mac laptop so I erased the app and then re-installed. Now I am told that I have 17 days left of my trial. I paid for this software 6 months ago, How can I get my license code back. I have nothing in my email history and there does not seem to be a way to contact the company.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Darren Gallop‌ Are you sure you purchased it directly from AgileBits as I can't find anything. You can also purchase 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, is it possible you purchased it via Apple's store?

• Darren Gallop
    Darren Gallop
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it was purchased through the app store

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Darren Gallop‌ and when you re-downloaded 1Password can you confirm that you did so via the Mac App Store? When you purchase via Apple you don't have a licence like you do if you purchase directly from AgileBits. Everything is connected to your Apple account and authorised in the background in a way that only Apple can do as the controllers behind the OS.

I'd be curious to know, if you open up the App Store and go to purchases, does it say Open opposite 1Password and if you open it via this route and go to 1Password : About 1Password does it indeed say Mac App Store under the version.

• Darren Gallop
    Darren Gallop
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have it there either. I have a receipt from apple for having purchased the software, however when I am logged into the app store it does not come up as one of my purchased softwares. When I search for it, I am required to purchase it again. This makes no sense... What is the best way to proceed?

• Darren Gallop
    Darren Gallop
    Community Member
    Options

Note, I have reached out to app store report to get them to help me. I hope they can

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Darren Gallop. Sadly you will need to contact Apple as you've done so. While 1Password is offered through the Mac App Store we get very little information back or control. It's Apple's walled garden and we're merely visitors in a manner of speaking. Have you checked to ensure the purchase was through this Apple ID and that you're correctly logged in using it? Please do keep us informed with how it is going though!

This discussion has been closed.