Master Password required frequently instead of TouchID

Options
Carl J. Stoneham
Carl J. Stoneham
Community Member

I have Touch ID enabled on 1PW 5 running iOS 8 and it sys the master password will be required only when TouchID fails or the phone is restarted. In my experience, neither has been the case. I am regularly asked to enter my master password (at least every 2 days or so) rather than using TouchID. The previous version of 1PW 5 (where we could set the TouchID timeout) worked just fine. The newest version (where the timeout option has been removed) does not.

Please fix this. I have an ultra-secure password and it's something of a pain to enter on every 3rd use. :disappointed:

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Carl ( @Carl J. Stoneham‌ ),

Have you tried turning Touch ID off and then back on?

Please let us know.

Thanks!

• Carl J. Stoneham
    Carl J. Stoneham
    Community Member
    Options

I did, and it didn't seem to make a difference. After reading the discussions regarding stalled Dropbox syncing (I had this problem too), I just deleted the app and reinstalled. I'll keep an eye on it and post back here if I continue to have the TouchID issue.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks Carl, please let us know if it continues to be a problem. (And if it is, let us know if you are asked for Touch ID and the Master Password, or just the Master Password.)

• Ruby
    Ruby
    Community Member
    Options

TouchID was working but now TouchID isn't recognized and the password is required every time. I tried turning TouchID off and back on. No improvement.

• Ruby
    Ruby
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried again and it is working. Maybe I'm having trouble with TouchID in general.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Ruby‌

When you say "isn't recognized," you mean your fingerprint is rejected? That is not controlled by 1Password, that is controlled by iOS (Settings -> Touch ID and Passcode -> Fingerprints).

This discussion has been closed.