Can't edit my identity

Options
katentek
katentek
Community Member

Hi. I am using v5.1.1 and iOS 8.1. I am trying to correct a typo in my identity and although I can edit the item it is not saved but reverts to the old entry.

I have tried the work around fix you suggested for secure notes (moving curser to identity name) but sadly to no avail.

Just letting you know and hoping for a suggestion though it certainly is not urgent.

Comments

• katentek
    katentek
    Community Member
    Options

PS. Incase it is relevant I am using an iPhone 5.

• katentek
    katentek
    Community Member
    Options

Ok so how weird is this! I thought I'd just delete that identity and start again. I deleted successfully, filled in correctly the fields I wanted including a number of alterations and saved. Everything saved correctly including all the alterations except for my birthday which reverted back to the date with the typo error from the deleted identity!

Good grief

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @katentek,

Is the "typo" you mentioned simply the wrong birthday in your Identity item? If so, this sounds like an issue our developers have been working on. How exactly does the date change when you save changes to the item?

• katentek
    katentek
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it is my birthday. When I correct it to 09/06/1958 it reverts to 8/06/1958.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@katentek‌ That is the known issue all right and as Drew_AG promised, it is being worked on :smile:

• katentek
    katentek
    Community Member
    Options

Cool. Not a drama. I still love and recommend this app to everyone I know. Most useful thing I've ever downloaded.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words! We're working to get the bug fixed up as soon as we can.

This discussion has been closed.