Mac 4.4.3: secondary vaults

Options
mchutch2
mchutch2
Community Member

Status: OSX 10.9.5, 1Password 4.4.2 (currently), 1 primary vault (obviously) and 4 secondary vaults

Issue: After update from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3 failed to extract, downloaded 4.4.3 from the agilebits website. Installed it and opened with my master password. Confirmed running 4.4.3. Needed to access a secondary vault, but couldn't find the vault selection button in its previous location. Couldn't find an obvious way to open any of the secondary vaults. Calmed down. Reinstalled 4.4.2 and the vault selection button returned.

Question: Where did I go wrong with 4.4.3?

Comments

• mchutch2
    mchutch2
    Community Member
    Options

Problem resolved. Found the answer to my question reading the thread labeled "confused.." Am running the App Store version 4.4.2 and then tried to update it by downloading 4.4.3 from the agilebits website. I confused my Mac.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mchutch2‌

I'm so glad to hear that you found the answer you're looking for, although I sincerely apologize for the trouble!

I hope that you're all sorted out, but we're here if you have any further questions. :)

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    Options

I have sort of a similar problem. I was confused about the App Store Version and the Agile Bits version as well, but all that has been solved. I also updated to Yosemite now and from the App Store 1Password 5 for Mac installed beautifully.
    However I don't get access to my secondary vault.
    Question: how to get my secondary vault back.

Details:
    OSX 10.10
    1Password 5.0 (500019)
    Syncing: Dropbox.
    The primary vault is in a child folder of a parent folder. The secondary vault is in another child folder of the parent folder. The secondary folder is shared.
    In between I did some serious uninstalling and deleting (for instance completely deleted the SSD-drive, installed 1Password and then completely uninstalled it again via the hints Megan provided in another thread.)
    For starting to use 1Password 5 after the last install I had the option to select if I was a new or existing user of 1Password: for me an indication that no traces were left before the last install.
    The secondary vault is still present in Dropbox.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HalfBekend‌

As a quick explanation, you're not seeing the secondary vault because you did a re-install of 1Password. On initial setup, 1Password is only looking for your primary datafile. It doesn't automatically add all vaults found in Dropbox, you'll need to install those secondary vaults manually. Luckily installing your secondary vault should be as simple as double-clicking on the file in Dropbox. :)

This should get you all sorted out, but if you have any questions, we're here to help!

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, it worked :) Problem solved.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HalfBekend‌ on behalf of Megan I'm glad to hear you have everything up and running again :smile:

This discussion has been closed.