HSBC Bank?

Options
zxspectrum
zxspectrum
Community Member

Will somebody please let me know how can i login to HSBC Bank(us) via 1pass.

1. Login A (simple)
  2. Login B (2-part variable password)

imageimage

Thanks!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zxspectrum,

Like many banking/financial sites, this one may require separate Login items for each page (Login A and Login B in your examples).

For Login A, you can manually save a new Login item on the the first page/form that should fill (and auto-submit, if enabled). Sample item:

For Login B, you'll only be able to use the Memorable Answer field in a manually saved Login item on the second page/form. The varying "digits of your password" part will have to be manually entered (and the page manually submitted) after filling Memorable Answer (with auto-submit disabled for the item). Sample item (in edit mode):

Unfortunately, 1Password can't automatically fill only a few digits of a password. It may be useful to copy your password into the notes field within the item, then format it in a way that it is easier to count digits. Some people add spaces, and some include a count above or below the password. For instance:

* 5 a 3 + 7 q P n $  Z  /  Q  r
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

We are are looking into ways to make this simpler in the future; I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you right now.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

ref: OPM-1720

• StephenEde
    StephenEde
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, it is not so simple because if you go to the website www.hsbc.co.uk, you have to manually click on Signon. It then creates a unique session ID like www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/Ab3er56gjhskyg84rD23o etc before it presents the page where the username can be entered. I cannot find a way to get 1password to accept the startpage of www.hsbc.co.uk and then to find and select signon button, accept variable session IDS after /1/2 so that it can automatically fill in the username. Is this possible or is there no choice but to manually trawl to the usename, enter this as step 1, submit, enter password as step 2, and then manually enter parts of the string. If so, seems quicker to do the whole lot without 1 password?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @StephenEde‌ I'm not an HSBC user myself so it's hard to test thoroughly. What I've found though is that even if I delete the entire cache and close down my browser that I can still reuse the URL from a previous session.

What happens if you manually create a login item for that page? I've just tried it, setting the login item to Never submit (edit the item to see the submit field) and it entered the user ID as it should. Do you get an error message when you continue?

To clarify, from a blank page in Firefox all I did to get it to fill was ⌘\ to bring up 1Password Mini, type hsbc to bring up the test pages I had and then when I selected the relevant one, it filled it in even if the URL contained a sessionID. Now I can't continue as I'm not an HSBC customer but it looked okay from this point.

This discussion has been closed.