Dual Monitor issue & Safari

Options
tiantai
tiantai
Community Member

I have a dual monitor setup at work. When I use the latest version of 1Password in conjunction with the Yosemite version of Safari, 1Password mini window pops up in the wrong monitor (i.e., not on the monitor with the active window). Is AgileBits aware of this problem and will a fix be issued soon?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tiantai‌ Some seriously knowledgable people have pointed me to a couple of things so could I ask you a quick question about your particular setup please.

If you go to System Prefs : Mission Control and turn off Display have separate Spaces, this'll turn off the menubar on the secondary displays.
    The problem is that 1Password mini will never show up on the secondary displays, it'll remain in the primary display only.
    The only way you can get it to show up on the secondary displays is to press the button in the browser.

Does this mimic your setup and behaviour? if it is then I'll add your voice to this issue otherwise we'll continue hunting down the cause with you.

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed, I do have "Display have separate Spaces" turned on. I like to work with menubars on BOTH monitors and like to have each monitor be its own "space".

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tiantai‌ Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like a solution. These are the steps to replicate the issue along with the observation that currently using the 1Password extension button should work. As you're saying this is what you're experiencing I'll add your voice to the bug report. As you can guess, AgileBits are aware of the bug but I don't have a timeframe - sorry. Hopefully we'll get it all working properly soon!

ref: OPM-1603

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks for claifying that using the 1Password extension button should work. I generally use the "Command + \" shortcut to get to 1Password so my fingers don't have to leave the keyboard.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tiantai‌ It's odd, I'm normally all about the keyboard but for some reason I tend to click the extension button more - no idea why. Hopefully we'll get that bug sorted and you can return to your preferred method of invoking 1Password Mini :smile:

This discussion has been closed.