Confused - can't update for free from V4 to V5?

Options
Kengel
Kengel
Community Member

I bought V4 as an update to V3 in March 2014. I never received and actual key code - only some link to click on that installed the license. My V4 works fine and shows it's licensed, but when I try to get V5 - it wants to charge me $25 as if I only have V3. I check my licenses in the store and it only shows I have V3 - even though I paid for V4 in March. I don't seem to have an actual V4 license code anywhere.

What's going on? :-(

Side question/comment - do you *have* to have Yosemite installed to get V5 perhaps? I'm still on Mavericks for the moment.

Comments

• DeanL
    DeanL
    Community Member
    Options

I have a somewhat similar situation, and I'm confused just as well. I purchased V4 in 10/2013. The email from AgileBits listing my licenses shows I have licenses for V2 (shows as V3, though) and V3, but not V4. The email also shows V4, but no license key is shown. I'm also on Mavericks. I do, however, have my V4 license key (kept in 1Password, thank you).

It's unclear to me how the upgrade from V4 to V5 is "free".

• DeanL
    DeanL
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I guess I should have browsed the forum a little deeper...
    Based on this post: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/155682/#Comment_155682, it looks like V5 uses the same license key as V4, so I should be OK to install V5 after upgrading OS X to Yosemite and using my V4 license?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kengel‌ You do need to be running Yosemite to run 1Password 5. Once you update to Yosemite the update for 1Password 5 should be offered automatically. Like yourself, I can't find this purchase of yours so if you could send your receipt to support+licenses@agilebits.com and respond back here when you have we'll see about sorting this out for you.

I'm assuming you definitely went through the webstore and not the MAS. If you purchased 1Password 4 at all via the Mac App Store then in 1Password : About 1Password it would say Mac App Store under the version number. That's a quite separate thing and the MAS version doesn't need a licence key or file at all as everything is connected to you Apple ID.

One way or another we'll get to the bottom of us :smile:

This discussion has been closed.