Unlock Master Password on IPhone for Dropbox Sync

Options
DME
DME
Community Member

I have been trying to get the Dropbox Sync to work from my IPhone. I have been all over the help pages and forums but can not find out what "Master Password on IPhone" is referring to. I have tried the 1Password "unlock code" and the iPhone passcode but neither of these are working. Can someone tell me what "Master Password" goes into this field?

iPhone 4s, iOS 7.1.2
1Password Pro 3.7.2

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@DME‌

Its the Master Password of your keychain. Its the long password you setup for access to your keychain when you initially set up 1Password. Its what you use when the pin code fails or times out to access your data within the keychain.

• DME
    DME
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification. I have no recollection or record of ever setting up a Master Password. I have always just used the unlock code to get access to my list of passwords. I purchased 1Password 11/30/09 v2.2.1. Was the Master Password always part of the app or is it possible that it was added to the app sometime after version v2.2.1? I am guessing that I am in the same situation that many others are in and that I will need to write down all of my passwords, reset the app and then input all of the passwords again.

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @DME,

The master password was always required in the initial setup, it allows you to enable the Master Password Protection on some of your items if not all. it sounds like you probably only used the PIN and never enabled the master password, that's why you may not recall it.

You said you are trying to sync with Dropbox but Dropbox is no longer supported in 1Password Pro version 3.7.2. Are you using 1Password 5 for iOS instead?

This discussion has been closed.