IOS no longer working after upgrade to iPhone 6+ and carryover of iPhone 5s data

Options
johnharbo
johnharbo
Community Member

I am running the latest version of 1Password on Mac and IOS, and the latest OS on both platforms. I had sync working through Dropbox to both iPhone 5s and iPad Air.

I bought a new iPhone 6+ and transferred all my data from the 5s to the 6+ using iTunes. However, 1Password on the iPhone 6+ cannot find my data. Dropbox on the iPhone 6+ is working fine. But when I go to sync in the IOS app, and click start syncing, and choose sync with dropbox -- my dropbox account asks for permission to access, and I grant it.Then it finds the 1Password vault and I select it. I then get a warning that "Vault exists-This vault already exists on your iPhone".. I click "got it" and am returned to the point where I am suppose3d to select the vault.

So fine - it exists on the iPhone, but none of the entries show up.

I thought that maybe it was getting confused because the old iPhone 5s still has 1Passwrod installed and synced, so turned that on and disabled sync.

Still did not work.

I tried going back the beginning and selected "create a new vault" on the iPhone 6+. When I follow those steps, the last screen only has the iCound sync option (but notes there are other alternatives in settings). so I exit, and begin the process describe ed above for starting syncing. But same result as before.

Any suggestions?

John

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi John,

Could you please verify for me that your data actually exists in Dropbox by logging into 1PasswordAnywhere?

Thanks!

• johnharbo
    johnharbo
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. The data file is in Dropbox when I log in on the web

• johnharbo
    johnharbo
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, it is (and has always been) in a folder called "Key Files" in Dropbox. which is slightly different that the tutorial. The file does open up and show the passwords in the browser

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johnharbo,

Please open 1Password on your iPhone 6 and go to Settings > Vaults. Do you see multiple vaults listed there? If so, one of them is likely already syncing with your keychain file in Dropbox.

On the other hand, if you only have 1 vault set up in the iOS app, please try these steps:

• First, make sure you have all your 1Password data synced/backed up somewhere other than your iOS device. If your 1Password data is up to date in Dropbox, that's fine. You can also save a backup to your computer by following the steps here.

• Next, open 1Password and go to Settings.

• Scroll down and go to Advanced.
    • Tap "Erase Data and Settings", then confirm you want to do that.
    • When you see the message confirming the data is deleted, tap Quit.
    • Restart your iOS device (hold down the power button for a few seconds and "slide to power off", then turn it back on again).

• Reopen 1Password and choose "Sync existing vault".

• Choose "Sync with Dropbox" and follow any additional steps to complete the setup.

Does that help to solve the problem?

• johnharbo
    johnharbo
    Community Member
    Options

First, there is only one vault showing.

I followed your instructions and Erased Data and Settings, then restarted. That seemed to work. I also tried creating something new on IOS and seeing the sync go to the Mac. That also worked. Finally, I deleted that test on the Mac and the IOS version also deleted.

The only glitch is the Mac says 531 for "all items" and the iPhone says 532 for "all items". I guess I can live with that

• Hi @johnharbo,

It should match accurately. Can you compare the item counts for each category to see where the missing item would be in? On the Mac, you can turn on the item counts in 1Password by going to the View Menu > View Item Counts.

Also, try creating a new item on the Mac first and then see if it'd go to iOS app, the opposite of what you already tested.

When you deleted the item on Mac, did the item count go down by one on both Mac and iOS properly?

This discussion has been closed.