Unable to open 1Password after update [re-install app to fix]

Options
Michael H. Smith
Michael H. Smith
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Updated to 1Password 5 today. Now 1Password won't open. This is a critical issue for me as I can't access anything without 1Password. I have the direct version. I sent the error message to Apple, but it's too long to post here.

Comments

• Michael H. Smith
    Michael H. Smith
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, what I meant was updated 1Password 5 today. I have been running it fine on Yosemite for weeks now.

• awhill
    awhill
    Community Member
    Options

I also am running Yosemite and downloaded the automatic update to 1P5.02 this afternoon. I can't open it in any browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and can't open the primary app, either. I also sent the error msg to Apple. Here's the screen shot of the error I get when I try to run it.
    Help! I'm sunk without 1P5. Still running on my iPhone but a real pain in the neck to have to type in my super-secure, long, complicated passwords I generated.

• awhill
    awhill
    Community Member
    Options

BTW, I tried reinstalling the app; didn't help.

• Alberto Uri Benchoam
    Options

YES, major drag, I can´t open 1 Password 5 either nor launch the update . I´m running Yosemite 10.10 and just before this latest catastrophic update my 1P5 work fine. I also can´t work without my passwords. Help !!!

• Alberto Uri Benchoam
    Options

Guys, we´re in trouble. We have the same exact problem.

• Alberto Uri Benchoam
    Options

Hi.. I updated my 1P5 to the automatic update, I guess 5.1.2 and now I can´t launch the update nor run the app. I am running Yosemite 10.10, and this morning before I updated 1P5 worked just fine. Please HELP... how can I fix this or download and run the previous version ??

• Alberto Uri Benchoam
    Options

I found a solution : If you have Time Machine running with Hard Disk back-ups, just RESTORE a version of the 1P5 app before today, i.e. restore the app from Time Machine to the previous version. It will work as if nothing ever happened. Then IGNORE the update offer, since it will appear again as you run the previous version.

• awhill
    awhill
    Community Member
    Options

Hurrah! I've got it working. I saw on another post to drag your 1P5.02 to the trash ( don't use an app cleaner), and install the new version (1P5.3?). I got an offer to download an update immediately afterwards but I ignored it for now. Good luck.

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi everyone,

It sounds like you've all got it sorted out now, but for anyone else seeing this, please try re-installing the app:

• Open your Applications folder
    • Locate the 1Password 5.app in the list
    • Drag it to the trash can.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications, these may remove more than just the application, such as your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • After dragging it to the trash, please empty your trash, then restart your computer.

• After the reboot, please download a fresh copy of 1Password 5 from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads
    • Once downloaded, unzip if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder. Then double click to run it.

That should fix the issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

• Alberto Uri Benchoam
    Options

Thanks

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.