Password Generator History

Options
nuke
nuke
Community Member

Hi All,

Long time user of 1password, but haven't done anything this silly before.

Generated a password with 1password and forgot to click the save button in the window. I updated the password and its non-recoverable as its for a dogecoin wallet encryption key. The mac crashed not long after that and had to be rebooted (first time this year)

Is there any password generator history in 1password 4? I thought there was in 3, but I can't find it anywhere..

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nuke

Sorry to hear about the trouble. There is a history in the "passwords" category in the main 1Password 4 for Mac application that may be able to help here.

Thanks!

Ben

• dmayo2
    dmayo2
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

Ok, where?
    In version 3 it was real easy to find the history. I know I've looked for it in ver4 a few months back, and can't find it now (mini nor main app).
    mac Version 4.2.1 (421001)
    Thanks

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You need to look in the actual Passwords category in the left pane of the 1P4 main app. Do you not have that category showing?

Stephen

• LukaszL
    LukaszL
    Community Member
    Options

I have very similar issue, changed password to bank web app, 1P asked me to update the password what I did but there is still an old password stored with 1P. In Passwords category there are only manually created password, I don't see any history of password change :\

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LukaszL‌

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password right now. All generated passwords should be stored in the 'Passwords' category until they are moved into a Login. The password history for a particular Login will be stored in that Login in the 'previously used passwords' button towards the bottom of the entry.

I hope this helps!

• JayAreAb
    JayAreAb
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

hi @megan,

I'm also having trouble with the concept of password history using version 5.0.2 (Mac App store paid version).

Despite looking very hard, I am unable to find any button named 'previously used passwords' towards the bottom of the entry. Do these instructions still apply for version 5? Thanks.

**Edit: actually, after looking a bit harder, I can see that some items have the "previously used passwords" and others not. But the majority don't. **

So perhaps, I should reformulate my question: do previously used password apply to passwords that were manually changed?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JayAreAb‌

do previously used password apply to passwords that were manually changed?

You should see a 'previously used passwords' button in any entry that you have changed passwords. If I change my password for my Facebook account, for example, once I update the new password in 1Password, the old password will move into the 'previously used passwords' area.

This should happen whether you manually update the password in the entry, or if 1Password prompts you to update your entry.

This discussion has been closed.