1Password 4 WiFi sync works — even when WiFi is turned off?

Options
japanime
japanime
Community Member

I am able to sync 1Password 4 on my Mac with 1Password 5.1 on my iPhone even when WiFi is turned off on my Mac. Does that make sense? Is that the way it's supposed to work? I can't even figure out how the two devices are communicating with each other, as my Mac is getting its Internet connection via an ethernet cable, and the iPhone isn't plugged into the Mac.

Comments

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member
    Options

where does your mac and your iPhone get their ip addresses from? if they both get them from the same router - the mac connected by ethernet cable and the iPhone by wi-fi, they're in the same network and can communicate.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @japanime‌

Once you have set up Wi-Fi sync between 1Password on your Mac and your iOS device, sync will happen automatically when the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. Our developers have been working hard to make Wi-Fi sync more powerful, and this is one of the updates we've been able to release so far! I hope you like the convenience. :)

• japanime
    japanime
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, PJM and Megan, for the replies! I think I now understand how it works.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@japanime‌ If you have any more queries post them and we'll do our best to enlighten you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.