Mac <-> iOS WiFi sync issues

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Not syncing with iCloud upgrading to Yosemite.

Comments

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member
    Options

OK, so I’ve given up on syncing with iCloud. Now I’m trying to sync via wifi and still having problems. Both my Mac and my iPad are definitely connected to the same wifi. On my Mac, Window > Wi-Fi Sync”, the “Use Wi-Fi…” box is checked, and I get the secret code. On my iPad, installing 1Password, I tap on “Sync using Wi-Fi”, then tap on my Mac name (tho it doesn’t always show up!?!), enter the secret code, tap “Sync now”, and get “Sync Problem. The operation couldn’t be completed. Connection refused.” Is there a problem with my wifi router? Calendar entries sync fine between my Mac and iPad, as do Notes, Pages and Numbers documents, etc. Note that I do not have a Settings > Sync on my as iPad as many of the troubleshooting guides show. Are those guides using an older iOS? (BTW Mac = version 10.10; iPad = 8.1; i.e., current)

• JohnBP
    JohnBP
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with my iPhone 5, but worked fine with iPad. Can someone help resolve this issue

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Do you have 1Password 5 for iOS on your devices?

And what version of 1Password for Mac do you have?

Thanks.

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry. On my Mac: 1Password 5 version 5.0.2. I don't know what version I have on my iPad, but it was just downloaded a few days ago.

• Ben
    Options

@tobindia‌

You can compare to this image for reference:

http://i.agilebits.com/cdj/iOS_Versions.png

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member
    Options

OK. I have D, 1Password 5.

• Hi @tobindia,

The connection refused error means that something’s blocking your Mac from serving data to your iOS device.

Do you have a firewall, VPN, or anything that could interfere with your network on your Mac?

Also, when you tap on your Mac in the iOS app, can you tell me what IP address you see below the computer name?

Can you reproduce the issue with the Wi-Fi sync and then generate your Mac’s diagnostic report afterward, so we can collect the logs from the error. After that, please email the report to us at support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and your forum username, so we can find your email quicker.

Let me know when you sent it, so I can look for it.

Thanks!

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member
    Options

MikeT: Diagnostic report has been sent. Email includes the IP address. I do not have a firewall or VPN or anything else. However, my Mac's hard drive is encrypted. That will be another problem, won't it?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tobindia, I found the email and diagnostics report you sent, thank you! Someone will get back to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: KBJ-77425-526

This discussion has been closed.