1P5 wants to sync with old vault found on iCloud? [Resolved - remove iCloud data]

Options
hkoster1
hkoster1
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

Title says it all: I'm setting up 1P5 on my Mac to sync with iCloud, I enabled iCloud Drive, and now it wants to sync with an old vault that I've forgotten the password for. In any case, I don't want it to sync with that old vault, but I don\'t seem to have much choice in the matter...
I've logged into iCloud, thinking to delete that old vault, but I cannot find it. Are we having a circular problem here?

Comments

• hkoster1
    hkoster1
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I've switched to Dropbox syncing now, no problems there. Remaining question: how do I get rid of some old vault still residing somewhere on iCloud?

ASide: still a little perturbed about why 1P5 must merge with an old vault in order to sync with iCloud. Shouldn't there be a question like: 1P5 found an old vault on iCloud. Do you want to merge with it? Y or N. Just thinking logically here...

• Hi @hkoster1,

Sorry for the trouble! If 1Password finds existing data in iCloud, it will automatically use that vault.

To completely delete your data from iCloud:

• Open System Preferences.
    • Click iCloud.
    • Click Manage... next to the storage meter.
    • Click 1Password (or onepassword) in the sidebar on the left, then Delete Documents & Data to remove the data from iCloud.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• hkoster1
    hkoster1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jasper, that was the info I was looking for. Now syncing happily with iCloud.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hkoster1‌

I'm so glad to hear that @JasperP's steps got you all sorted out - thanks for letting us know!

Since this issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.