1Password Dropbox sync not syncing after loaner phone program

Options
juliekuehl
juliekuehl
Community Member

Hello. I recently had Apple repair the power button on my phone and received a loaner phone in the process. Since switching to the loaner phone, and now when I've switched back to my original phone, the 1Password Dropbox sync isn't syncing. I've verified that Dropbox is working on the phone and that Dropbox and 1Password are working on my Mac. It's been 13 days since it's synced. I know I have new info on the Mac, and I might have new info on the phone. I backup my phone to both iCloud and my computer. I'm not sure where to go next. Can you lend a hand?

Comments

• Hi @juliekuehl,

We'll love to help you. Can you first open 1Password on the iPhone, unlock, and go to Settings > Sync. Tap on Sync Now, can you tell me if there are any errors? If yes, let me know what it says.

If not, try tapping on Sync Service > Dropbox and than tap on Disable Sync. After that, enable the sync with Dropbox again and see if it will work now.

• juliekuehl
    juliekuehl
    Community Member
    Options

The first step there gave no errors, so I moved on to the second. It seemed to have started working, but then gave a bunch of errors. "Failed to download the file from Dropbox.

• juliekuehl
    juliekuehl
    Community Member
    Options

And a few more impatient taps on the screen and it seems to be all working now. Yaaay!!

Thanks for the assist. Should have thought of the "try turning it off and turning it on again" technique myself.

• Hi @JulieKuehl,

I'm glad it is working now. I think you got bit by a bug we've just fixed for the next 1Password update. Basically, if you have background app refresh turned on for 1Password, a sync error can silently disable the sync in the background.

For now, please disable the Background App Refresh for 1Password. To do this, open the iOS Settings app, go to General > Background App Refresh and turn it off for 1Password.

After that, 1Password should then keep syncing without any issues.

• juliekuehl
    juliekuehl
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Thanks for the heads up on that!

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.