Username doesn't fill password does

Options
ghitzjr
ghitzjr
Community Member

very newbie
IPhone 6 iOS 8.3. 1PW 5
I created a login for my bank.
Login requires member # for username but does not populate. Form is labeled member # not username. . Password populates ok. .
Ideas?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ghitzjr,

Can you let us know the exact URL you have in the website field for that Login item?

Also, are you trying to sign into that site in Safari, or in the built-in browser in 1Password (1Browser)?

• ghitzjr
    ghitzjr
    Community Member
    Options

The URL is mobile.dcu.org/wap/login.aspx
    Embarrassingly, I don't know what browser is being used. I tried to find 1Browser but without success. It should be obvious I am a newby.

• ghitzjr
    ghitzjr
    Community Member
    Options

My son says 1PW doesn't fill users names/passwords in Apple apps. I over estimated its capability apparently. Now I understand your question about which browser. I have made some sites work by guessing mobile URLs which work after searching them out trial and error on my Win7 machine. I guess that's all there is.
    How does one find 1Browser?
    Any other hints?
    Thanks for your help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ghitzjr, sorry for the confusion about 1Browser! That is the name of the built-in web browser in the 1Password app. When you open 1Password and tap on a URL in a Login item, that will open it in 1Browser. It's not listed as a separate app on the device because it's part of 1Password.

As for the URL you sent, I was able to reproduce the problem (it won't fill anything in the "Member Number" field). I'm not sure exactly why it isn't working, but I was able to find a workaround - it looks like 1Password has trouble filling that on the mobile site, but works fine on the full site. Please try this:

• Find your Login item for that site in the Categories section of 1Password.
    • Tap the Edit button at the top
    • Add the following URL to a website field (you can replace the existing website, or add another one):

www.dcu.org

• Save the changes.
    • Tap the new URL to open it in 1Browser (it will redirect to the main mobile site).
    • Scroll down and tap the link for Full Site, near the bottom.

When I try that, it fills both fields on the main site and submits the login form. Let me know if you need help with that.

My son says 1PW doesn't fill users names/passwords in Apple apps.

Actually, that's not entirely true anymore. Starting in iOS 8 and 1Password 5, there is a 1Password extension you can use in the Safari app. Also, other software developers can add support for the 1Password extension to their apps, and many have already done so. We have information about all that in our Extension FAQ.

• ghitzjr
    ghitzjr
    Community Member
    Options

Your DCU workaround works just fine. Thank you for that.
    Can you supply a generic web site that requires login (and of course registration) and is supported by 1PW so I can see it work.

Thanks for all.

• Hi @ghitzjr,

On behalf of Drew, you're welcome. I'm glad it works.

Can you supply a generic web site that requires login (and of course registration) and is supported by 1PW so I can see it work.

I'm not sure what you mean, can you explain a bit more about what you're asking? The main dcu.org page works, so you can use that to test how 1Password works on it.

• ghitzjr
    ghitzjr
    Community Member
    Options

Drew mentioned there are some app sites designed to work with 1PW as described at the end of The Extension piece in the manual using Acme as the example. I'm looking for a real example to try out. None of my apps are working with 1PW. I got my DCU to work via Drew's work around not because it was designed to work 1PW. I hope I got right!

• Hi @ghitzjr,

Ah, here's the list of apps that has integrated with our 1Password extension: https://blog.agilebits.com/1password-apps/

In Mobile Safari, tapping on the share button should give you the 1Password extension to use on websites. You can find out more here: https://blog.agilebits.com/2014/09/17/1password-5-ios-how-to-enable-the-extension-safari-apps/

I hope that helps.

• ghitzjr
    ghitzjr
    Community Member
    Options

It sure does. Thanks for all.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ghitzjr on behalf of Mike: glad we could help :)

This discussion has been closed.