Issue with Account Types

Options
nbouvet
nbouvet
Community Member

Hello, all the accounts defined in 1P4W with the following types : FTP account , Generic Account, Internet Provider, Itunes, Instant Messanger and Amazon are incorrectly displayed into 1P for IOS as "Login" type accounts.

On the other hand, Router, database, Servers and Email accounts work flawlessly.

Any clue ?

Comments

• nbouvet
    nbouvet
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I think I start getting it : I am using the french version of 1P for IOS (v5.1.1) and all the "problematic" categories listed above simply do not exist in this version...

Additional question then : is it possible to switch to another language ? (currently frnech is the only option I have when I go into the parameters/advanced/language section)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nbouvet‌

Language should not affect which categories you see, but version does. If you have the same version (e.x. v5) across all devices then you'll see the same categories on them.

1Password runs in whatever language you have set for your system language.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Also, as a follow up to my above post, some categories are not available on iOS unless you've purchased the "Pro" in-app purchase.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff‌

Language should not affect which categories you see, but version does. If you have the same version (e.x. v5) across all devices then you'll see the same categories on them.

This is true, with one exception: 1Password 4 on Windows. There, you get different categories depending on the database format that you have chosen. Generic Account, Internet Provider, iTunes, Instant Messanger and Amazon will only show up if you use the default format agilekeychain. If you use opvault, you will get the same categories as 1Password 4/5 on Mac and iOS (although they will still be grouped in Accounts and Wallet).

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for adding that info, @Xe997.

• nbouvet
    nbouvet
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thks for your replies !

@Xe997, what does mean exactly "if you use the default format agilekeychain" ? Does it mean you should not alter the standard template by adding or suppressing fields ?

Best regards

• nbouvet
    nbouvet
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff‌, I am bit lost regarding your comment : the latest version currently available on the download portal for 1Password 4 for W is the 4.1.0.526, while the IOS version is 5.1.1; so, how can I get the same version across all my devices ?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@nbouvet‌

what does mean exactly "if you use the default format agilekeychain"

There are two formats to choose from when creating your vault on 1Password for Windows. The older format is agilekeychain and the newer is opvault. Think of how Microsoft Word uses (or used) two file formats for your Word files: the older doc and the newer docx.

The older agilekeychain is the default format. With that I mean that it is used on vault creation unless the user specifically tells 1Password to use the newer opvault. On Mac, iOS and Android opvault isn't even a choice, there you always get agilekeychain.

Does it mean you should not alter the standard template by adding or suppressing fields ?

Not sure what you mean. Having one format or the other doesn't prevent you from editing your items, including adding custom fields. Using agilekeychain does create some confusion because of the different categories being used. One solution is to switch to opvault, but that's a painful process. A better solution is to stick with agilekeychain but convert your iTunes, Generic Accounts etc items to Logins.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nbouvet,

I'm sorry for all the confusion about this! To answer one of your questions, it sounds like you're already using the latest versions of 1Password (version 4 for Windows and version 5 for iOS). We just released 1Password 4 for Windows several months ago. 1Password 5 for iOS is brand new as we just released it in September when iOS 8 was released.

The Categories you see in the Windows version are a little different than what you see in the iOS version. There's a long explanation for that, and @Xe997 explained some of it, but basically it's nothing you need to worry about - all your items will be present on Windows and iOS, they are just organized a bit differently. For example, the Windows version organizes many of the different Categories together in the Wallet and Accounts groups. Some of those Categories will be listed separately in the iOS version, and a few will be converted to Login items.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.