Dropbox sync not working between two Macs

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password database conflicts and inconsistencies, possibly sync-related.

Comments

• goldfilm
    goldfilm
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but this morning I found out that in one computer I have everything up to date, last back up a few minutes ago. In another computer, ten passwords less, last back up from a few days ago. What should I do? I'm syncing w/Dropbox

• teamnoir
    teamnoir
    Community Member
    Options

@goldfilm I had a similar problem yesterday. I took the data loss hit and just "started over" on the mac that was refusing to sync. I mean, dropbox was up to date but 1password was reporting different passwords, folders, and data counts.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @goldfilm, I moved your message to this new discussion as it may be a very different issue.

To make sure I understand the problem, are you syncing 1Password between just two Macs, or also other devices/computers? If it's just the two Macs, and if you're using 1Password 4 or 5 on those Macs, there might be a simple problem with the sync settings.

On each Mac, please open the main 1Password app, go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences, then choose the Sync tab. Is Dropbox sync currently set up there? If so, it should show that you're syncing with Dropbox and show the location of your 1Password.agilekeychain file. Is that file in the same Dropbox location on both Macs? If not, what is the path shown on each one?

On the other hand, if you don't see a file path on the Sync settings window, then Dropbox sync isn't set up. If you need any help to set up Dropbox sync, please follow the steps here.

Let us know how it all goes, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.