export from 1Password 3

Options
tanyuk
tanyuk
Community Member

Hello,

I have 1Password version 3.7.2 on my iPhone 4. I need to transfer all those passwords to 1Password 5 on my new iPhone 6.

So far nothing I tried worked - I couldn't sync using Dropbox, couldn't sync using wifi, couldn't use a backup. It's a complete fail. I am unable to upgrade the version of the app either as I cannot put iOS8 on iPhone 4 and that is a requirement for the upgrade..

Could you please advise how I can do the transfer? I'd really hate to type in everything by hand... I have a Macbook with Mavericks and a Macbook with Yosemite OS on them in case these could be of any help.

Thanks,
Tatyana

Comments

• Good morning Tatyana, and sorry for the trouble you're having migrating your data from 1Password 3 on your iPhone 4. I believe there is an avenue that should work for you, so let's try this:

1. On your iPhone 4 open up the App Store and tap on the Updates and then Purchased.
    2. Search for 1Password in this list. While 1Password 5 is the latest version available in the store, you should see 1Password 4 available to install on your iPhone 4.
    3. Install 1Password 4.
    4. Follow the steps in this guide: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/upgrading-from-legacy-versions . Even though those steps mention upgrading to iOS 8 and 1Password 5, the steps should be similar enough for 1Password 4 for you to follow them.
    5. Once you have your 1Password 3 data in 1Password 4, follow these steps to setup Dropbox syncing on your iPhone 4: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/4/en/topic/sync-with-dropbox
    6. Once you finish step 5 you will now have all your data in Dropbox and you can follow these steps to setup Dropbox syncing on your iPhone 6: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/sync-with-dropbox

Let me know how this works out for you and if you run into any trouble.

• tanyuk
    tanyuk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. They worked! I didn't realize I could get 1Password 4 for my iPhone 4, the last I checked it just told me I didn't have the right iOS. I'm all set now. One strange thing though is that I lost Bank Accounts and Social Security categories after migration to 1Password 5 on iPhone 6. The information is still there but is tossed with other stuff under Logins. It's not a big deal but it would have been nice to get those categories back. Any ideas? Thanks!

• tanyuk
    tanyuk
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, now I notice that Bank Accounts and Social Security Cards aren't even in Logins anymore. I am, however, able to locate them by typing names in a search.

• Hi @Tanyuk,

That might be because 1Password 5 is in the free mode, it is restricted to four categories. Once you unlock the Pro feature, it'll unlock the rest of the categories.

Try this:

1. Open 1Password, unlock, and go to Settings > Pro Features
    2. Tap on Restore Purchases and enter your AppleID account

After this, it should then show you the rest of the categories.

This discussion has been closed.