Master Password change not syncing

Options
littlebobbytables
littlebobbytables
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync to DropBox from Mac, Windows, and IPhones.

Comments

• mmclane58
    mmclane58
    Community Member
    Options

using 1Password5 beta 1 with os 10.10 on desktop and 1password 4.4.2 with os 10.9.5 on MacBook air. Changed master password on desktop, sync via dropbox and it did NOT sync on MacBook. Waited one day. Should this work?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mmclane58‌

Sorry, your query had no connection to the thread you posted in so I've split it off - although both involve Dropbox they're very different. I believe there still is a bug regarding picking up the change in your Master Password. If you were to manually change the Master Password on your Macbook to match the change you made on the desktop does everything seem to work okay? Easiest way to check is to add a test item to one machine and see if it replicates to the other. As long as that is happening you'll be fine.

If you're worried at all, then even prior to following my suggestion you can take a peek at the Dropbox keychain using 1PasswordAnywhere. I'm confident that it will open with your new Master Password.

If you have any queries or concerns let us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.