All Items count wrong

Options
jwholder
jwholder
Community Member

The All Items count is off and it appears to be the difference between the way the IOS version counts folders vs the MacOS version.

Comments

• Hi @jwholder,

Can you give me more details or provide screenshots to show the differences? All Items does not include folders, only actual items, so folders are not factored in any ways.

• jwholder
    jwholder
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, I finally resolved this by:
    1. Deleting 1P from my iPhone and iPad and re-downloading it.
    2. I then signed into DropBox on my iPhone and iPad, logged in, and waited until I was certain that all 1P files were downloaded to my IOS devices.
    3. Then and only then, did I start 1P and tell it to sync with DB, at which point (after the sync finished) all Item Counts were the same on my IOS and MacOS (Yosemite) devices.

What I observed is if you tell 1P to sync with DB on your IOS device and you're not logged in to DB, when 1P triggers you to Sign In to DB so it can start the sync, after logging in to DB 1P starts the sync process before DB has completely downloaded the 1P keychain file and this causes a number of error messages, failed syncs, and mismatched Item Counts.

Hope this helps!

As a side note, I noticed the Categories list is in a different order on IOS devices than on MacOS devices and when comparing Category Item Counts between an IOS device and a MacOS device this different ordering can make the comparison process distracting and in some cases misleading (when all you're doing is looking at the Item Counts as you scan down the lists, on the presumption that the lists are in the same order!)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jwholder‌ Well I'm glad you were able to rectify this. That you for your description, we'll see what @MikeT makes of it.

This discussion has been closed.