Getting started

Options
dwright1910
dwright1910
Community Member

I was so anxious to get going with iPassword 5 that I now find myself with 3 versions of 1Password.

1Password version 3.8.22 (build 32010)

1Password 5
Version 5.0.2 (502007)
Agile Web Store

1Password
Version 5.0.2 (502006)
Mac App Store

Here is the data on my MacBook Pro:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10

I was unable to uninstall v. 3.8.22 and I don’t know which version of 5.0 that I should keep.

Can you please help me get out of this mess I have made?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Let's take this slowly, ignoring version 3 for the moment.

1. The key issue about which version of 1P5 you want to keep is whether or not you want, or may want, to use iCloud to sync 1P with any iDevice. If you do then you must keep the Mac App Store version. Have a look at this knowledge base article for a summary of the differences between the two versions.
    2. If you decide to keep the Mac App Store version there is a knowledge base article which tells you how to migrate to it. If you decide to keep the AgileBits store version there is a knowledge base article which effectively covers how to switch to that. (Although it refers to moving from the beta to the App Store version, and refers to 1P4, the procedure is effectively the same.)

I appreciate this is a lot to take in. If you have more questions or any other problems do please post again.

Stephen

• dwright1910
    dwright1910
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much Stephen. I will keep the Mac App Store version because I want to use iCloud to sync 1P with my iPad and iPhone. I have deleted"1Password 5". May I also just delete version 3.8.22?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, by all means delete version 3.8.22 once you're quite sure you have 1P5 up and running properly with all your data intact. Hang on to it until then though!

Stephen

• dwright1910
    dwright1910
    Community Member
    Options

Will do. Thanks Stephen.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dwright1910‌ It sounds like Stephen_C's suggestions have got you on the right track. If you have any more questions post away and somebody will do their best to assist :smile:

This discussion has been closed.