how to sync via WIFI between more than 2 devices.

Options
Msk86
Msk86
Community Member

I have 2 laptops and 2 IOS devices(webstore version 1password on the laptop), unfortunately in China, dropbox is not available, so I have to sync via wifi. but it is really hard for me to change the wifi sync config every time. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Msk86
    Msk86
    Community Member
    Options

Previously, I use ICloud and it works well for me. but now... omg.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Msk86‌

WiFi sync may not be the best single solution if you're trying to sync all four instances of 1Password. Certainly I would hope that you're not experiencing any issues syncing the two iOS devices to a single laptop via WiFi sync. If Dropbox is unavailable to you probably the best solution for keeping the two laptops in sync would be a combination of Folder Sync and some third party piece of software for syncing. Here's a link to our guide on using Folder Sync. The caveat is Folder Sync does require a certain level of tech savvy on the part of the user as we haven't exhaustively tested any of them - most of the staff here use Dropbox.

The only other alternative may be to bite the bullet and move to the MAS version. Now before we go down this route it would be advised to post what versions of 1Password, OS X and iOS you're running on all of these devices. As of Yosemite and iOS 8 iCloud support has splintered. Either all your devices have to be running Yosemite, iOS 8 and 1Password 5 for the new version of iCloud or 1Password 4 on all devices (I don't even know if Apple at some point in the future plan to discontinue support for the older style of iCloud). If just one device isn't running Yosemite or iOS 8 then the newer version of iCloud isn't available and oh, once you've upgraded to iCloud Drive (I think that's how Apple present it to the user if I recall correctly) you can't revert to the old version.

As you can see, the changes to iCloud and what can access it have caused a certain level of disruption. Over time that will settle - the way I look on it is Apple have a history of making what seem to be unpopular decisions in the short-term if they see something as the way forward, I imagine it the difference between the slowly pulling a band-aid off or ripping it off in one swift movement.

Anyway, post back here and we can see what would be the most practical solution for you.

This discussion has been closed.