Bank account login

Options
mcgraw
mcgraw
Community Member

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please would you kindly add bank website and login information to the category "Bank Accounts"? It is inefficient to have to store this information under the "login" category, and the bank account details under the "bank account" category.

Many thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mcgraw,

Thanks so much for the feedback here!

Currently, there are two 'tiers' of categories in 1Password. There are the primary categories which do the all-important job of filling in your information on websites. These include your Logins, Credit Cards and Identities. The remainder of the categories are there to help you securely save and organize any other type of information (such as bank account details) that you so choose. These categories are not designed with the ability to fill in on websites, the details there are purely for your own reference. Of course, you're welcome to include such details as your bank's website and your log in information in the Bank Accounts category (custom fields makes this easy to do!) but you will need those details saved in a Login as well, if you would like 1Password to open and fill your details on the bank's website. In fact, if you'd like to have just one entry for your bank, I might suggest storing some extra details in your Login entry, instead of adding the log in information to the entry in Bank Accounts, simply because of the filling capabilities in the Login entry.

I apologize if this seems a bit inefficient to you. Personally, I like the separation of the details. When I'm logging into my back's website, I don't really need to see all my bank's details (in fact, by using 1Password mini to open and fill the page, I never even need to see the Login details itself.) When I need to get details on my account, they're right where I expect them, in the Bank Accounts category.

Clearly, I'm a bit biased here, and in any case, I'm happy to pass your thoughts along to our developers.

This discussion has been closed.