Merge vaults

Options
glenncogar
glenncogar
Community Member

Hi, somehow I managed to create 2 separate vaults on my Dropbox account (the place where I store and sync my 1Password vaults from).

Some of my Macs point to one vault, others point to the other vault.

I think I have some unique entries in each vault as I created new entries from a particular Mac and not all Macs see the new entries because they are pointing to the other vault.

Is there a way of merging so that I don't get lots of duplicate entries and all of the unique entries from the two vaults are merged into a new vault that I can point all my Macs to for syncing?

Comments

• Hi @gleencogar,

The problem with merging the vault in this case is that you'd have two separate files that'll be in sync since it's been merged in both files as the other Macs will still sync to the different sync file.

The best thing to do is to export the data from one vault, delete that vault, and use the export file to import the data into the one vault you're using.

To help you in the best possible way, we need to see your diagnostic reports from all of your Macs, so we can tell you the precise steps to take. Can you please email us your diagnostic reports from all Macs involved to support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread, also include your forum username in the email.

If you can, try to collect all the reports and email it once if not, it's not a problem.

Let me know when you sent it and I'll look into it. Thanks!

• glenncogar
    glenncogar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT, will do :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glenncogar‌ I haven't seen a diagnostic report yet from you so if you have sent it in could you message myself or MikeT with the address you used please. If you haven't yet apologies and if you could post back here when you have :smile:

This discussion has been closed.