Sharing Vaults

Options
Heffor1
Heffor1
Community Member

Where can I find documentation to help me set up and share additional vaults? I have checked user guide and the knowledge base.

I am using 1Password for Mac Version 5.0.2 (502006) from the Mac App Store

Comments

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Should also have mentioned - would be using WiFi Sync

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have a look here for a knowledge base article on sharing a vault.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Heffor1‌ At the moment secondary vaults can only be synchronised via Dropbox, sync via WiFi isn't an option just yet. If Dropbox is a viable alternative to WiFi sync for you (I realise it isn't for everybody) then the guide that Stephen_C linked you to will talk you through the steps for sharing a secondary vault. The devs are aware that additional ways to synchronise secondary vaults is an item on many of our customer's 1Password wish list though :smile:

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks littlebobbytables. WiFi sync is a strong preference so I think I'll wait. Since I do not see a reference to iOS in the knowledge base article referenced by Stephen_C do I need to wait for that as well?

• Ben
    Options

There is currently no iOS <-> iOS WiFi sync. :) The only WiFi sync currently available is Mac <-> iOS... Unless I misunderstood your question?

Thanks.

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

I would take Mac <-> iOS WiFi sync on a secondary vault if I could get it as then at least my Mac could be the controller for distributed secondary vaults accessed through iPads by family members

• Ben
    Options

Understood. Thanks for the feedback. :)

This discussion has been closed.