Latest update crashes

Options
Lew Irwin
Lew Irwin
Community Member

I'm unable to launch the latest 5.0 update. After the latest (emailed) update crashed, I went to the agilebits website and downloaded the version available there. It also crashed.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Did you first drag the app to the trash (not using any app cleaner tool), empty the trash then re-boot? If not try that procedure before again downloading and re-installing.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lew Irwin

Our developers are trying to track down exactly what is going wonky with these updates. Could you please provide me with the exact steps that you took to update? Details that could be really helpful include:

• Was 1Password - or 1Password mini - running when you attempted to update?
    • What was the version of 1Password that you were using prior to attempting the update?
    • What version is your operating system?
    • Did Stephen_C's suggestions help?

Thanks so much for your help in tracking this annoying issue down!

• jammon
    jammon
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen_C's suggestion worked for me. Actually I forgot to empty the trash, it works anyway. :-)

Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

Perfect. Thanks for the update!

• Lew Irwin
    Lew Irwin
    Community Member
    Options

Was 1Password - or 1Password mini - running when you attempted to update?

• Probably
      What was the version of 1Password that you were using prior to attempting the update?
      I've been installing the updates virtually daily
      What version is your operating system?
      Did Stephen_C's suggestions help?
      Yes. But do I now have to trash the previous version of 1Password and reboot before updating?
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lew Irwin

Normally you shouldn't have to trash the previous version but there are a couple of bugs at play.

One is that Yosemite isn't always launching the copy of an application that you think it is. You might be double clicking on 1Password in your Applications folder but then Yosemite might launch a copy from somewhere else. Easiest thing to do is ensure there isn't another copy.

As said before, we've had a couple of glitches recently meaning instead of a seamless update from within the program something is going wrong necessitating a fresh download. Our devs are currently looking into this. Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon.

This discussion has been closed.