yosemite

Options
Bethk
Bethk
Community Member

I just upgraded to Yosemite and received an alert that 1password isn't compatible. What's a girl to do? I really rely on this app!
Thanks for your help

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What version of 1Password do you have at the moment and did you get it from AgileBits or from the Mac App Store?

Stephen

• kblinhou
    kblinhou
    Community Member
    Options

@bethk: I was having this problem as of an upgrade to Yosemite last night. I was using 1Password, "Version 5.0 (500019) Mac App Store". Caused the 1password applet in the menu bar to disappear and generate the same message that it sounds like you got. Upgrading to 5.0.2 fixed it. Have you tried that?

• Bethk
    Bethk
    Community Member
    Options

I bought it from AgileBits. It's no longer in my application folder. All I have is a .pif file so I'm not sure what version it was or how to go about upgrading. I currently have it on my iPad and iPhone also if that matters at all. Thanks for the responses. What's next?

• Bethk
    Bethk
    Community Member
    Options

Now it's even worse. Apparently without a working app on my computer my iPhone and iPad apps won't work either. Now I'm in really big trouble.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bethk,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. There should be no incompatibility issues with 1Password, unless you're trying to run version 5 on Mavericks (which it doesn't sound like you're trying to do).

Apparently without a working app on my computer my iPhone and iPad apps won't work either. Now I'm in really big trouble.

1Password works independently on each device, so you don't need to have it on your computer for it to work on your iOS device.

It does sound like there's something odd going on here, so let's start by getting a little bit more information about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Bethk
    Bethk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was out of town. My laptop is running Yosemite version 10.10. I don't know how to find the version of 1password since it seems to have been wiped during the upgrade. I have an iPhone 6 and iPad Air on both of these I am running IOS 8.1. I can't figure out how to tell what version of 1P I'm using on those either but neither will work for me since I upgraded to Yosemite. I'm really looking forward to your help!

• Bethk
    Bethk
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and I was using dropbox to sync

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bethk‌,

I have an iPhone 6 and iPad Air on both of these I am running IOS 8.1. I can't figure out how to tell what version of 1P I'm using on those either but neither will work for me since I upgraded to Yosemite.

To find out which versions of 1Password for iOS you have, let me know which icon you see on your home screen from the following image: A, B, C or D?

You mentioned earlier that 1Password was no longer displaying in your /Applications folder. If you do a Spotlight search, does it turn up any results at all for 1Password?

I'm glad to hear that you're syncing with Dropbox, that means we should have a copy of your data safely tucked away in the cloud, even if something is going wonky on your system. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be able to sort this out!

Once we confirm which version you have on your iOS devices, we'll get some Diagnostics Reports from each of your devices to better track this down!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bethk

Did you purchase 1Password a good few years ago by any chance? say back in 2009? I think you might be running 1Password 3.

If this sounds about right then I believe we still have some users running 1Password 3 on Yosemite but it was designed for a much earlier version of OS X. You can always download a fresh copy direct from AgileBits' download page. The section you're looking for is at the bottom of the page under legacy. You may need your original licence key so if you don't still have the original email receipt you can ask for the licence to be resent to your purchasing email address via this page.

If you purchased much more recently from the Mac App Store then 1Password should be in your Purchaces tab if you were to open the App Store on your Mac. They'll be a download button to the right hand side that you can use to re-download it.

Now if you have been running 1Password 3 then there is something to be aware of. 1Password 4 was a total re-write and made a lot of changes. One of those changes is that Dropbox didn't become the only location of your keychain, instead a local database represents your encrypted vaults and then the agilekeychain is created for the purposes of syncing. 1Password 3 simply moved the .agilekeychain to Dropbox so the first thing to do is probably to copy that agilekeychain in your Dropbox somewhere safe like your desktop so you know you have a copy if anything should go wrong.

FIngers crossed, simply launching 1Password 3 would be sufficient and if it believes it hasn't been run before telling it to search for your keychain in Dropbox will hopefully be enough to kick start it all.

As for your iOS devices, can you let us know the exact error message you get please, that will probably help pin down what is going on.

This discussion has been closed.