1Password advantages

Options
KeithB
KeithB
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

I am trying out 1Password. I have it on my Windows 7PC, IPad, IPhone. IOS8. I have been using Safari and Keychain, in Safari I just go to a Website login and Safari ask if you want it saved? Done. 1pass. Seems like it is more manual and each unit (Windows,IOS,Mac) are all a little different in the way things are done. I probably should have put in my IPad and tried it there. Using Safari it seems to be pretty manual, so I went to1Browser and same thing. I have read the manuals. It seems to be such a popular program I want to learn it. I don't want to sound like I am putting it down, I am not are there easy to use guides? I know it's me that has the learning problem. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
Thank you very much
Keithb

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @KeithB,

You can find our user guides here:

An auto-save prompt like you find on Mac and Windows is not possible in Safari on iOS.

Thanks!

Ben

• veggie59
    veggie59
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I am a little confused too. My iPad already saves my login info. It seems I will have to remember all my info in order to add it to 1Password. What is the point except a lot of re-entering info. Is there a way to import the info already saved on my iPad?? Thanks.

• Absolutely @veggie59‌! You can setup 1Password to sync all your devices. Here are the sync guides for our various platforms:

I hope this helps, but if not please feel free to write back.

• veggie59
    veggie59
    Community Member
    Options

Huh? Like I said my iPad not 1password already saves my passwords. How do I get them to 1password without entering them all again. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi @veggie59‌

When you say it "already saves my passwords" are you referring to iCloud Keychain?

If so this forum post may be helpful:

Also a related search:

Thanks!

• veggie59
    veggie59
    Community Member
    Options

I have no other Apple devices I have an android phone. I have not added the app on my phone (yet). My iPad saves my login, passwords, and credit card info for future use. I just bought an iPad Air 2 and all my info crossed over from my IPad 2 that I traded in. All the info was backed up before I traded it in. So what is the advantage for me to use the 1password app over just letting my iPad save info for me? Like I said I can't seem to find a way to use 1password without having to lookup and find all my logins and passwords and re enter them into the app. Seems time consuming considering my iPad already stores the info. Am I missing something ?? Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @veggie59,

Unfortunately there's no way to directly import data from iCloud Keychain to 1Password on an iOS device (although there are ways to do this on a Mac).

As for 1Password advantages: 1Password is available for more platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS, & Android). Also, the Mac and Windows versions integrate with all the major browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and others).

1Password stores more than login passwords and credit card details - it can store information for your bank accounts, software licenses, driver's license, passport, and many more. We have more information about the different categories in 1Password here: Categories

There are other advantages as well, but those are a few of the major ones that come immediately to mind. 1Password 5 for iOS is a free download, and offers free basic features, so please feel free to try it out and see if it's something you would find useful. If you have any questions about it, just let us know! :)

• veggie59
    veggie59
    Community Member
    Options

Well I don't use any other Apple products like I already said....so no keychain. I guess the 1password isn't for me. Seems like lots of generic answers and not really any help here. Thanks anyways.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @veggie59,

I don't think my answers were generic - you had asked what the advantages in 1Password are, so I explained a few of those advantages. Did you want to know something more specific? If so, please let me know exactly what sort of information you're looking for, and we'll be more than happy to give you more details.

One thing I wanted to point out (which I alluded to in my previous message) is that a major advantage for you would be that 1Password can sync your data between your iPad and your Android phone. That isn't possible with the built-in iCloud Keychain function on iOS.

Like the iOS version, you can download 1Password for Android for free. Maybe trying the free apps will help to answer some of your questions?

If you have more questions about 1Password, we'd love to answer them! ;)

This discussion has been closed.