Changing Vaults On iOS

Options

How many taps should it take to change vaults? The answer should be 1... but unfortunately the answer is 4. Not sure how such a key feature got buried in the Settings menu?!?

Suggested improvement... always make the list of vaults accessible through a swipe to the right. At a screen that is to the utmost left of any other screen in 1Password. So if I am in Favorites, Categories, or Organize and swipe to the right... I can tap once to change to a vault... and then be returned the screen I just left.

Please and thank you!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brett,

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're always looking to make 1Password as user-friendly as possible, and I'd be happy to pass your thoughts along to our developers.

• Bummed that something more simple didn't make it into the big release. :(

I'm using Vaults like you guys designed it... and the keyboard shortcuts make it really easy to switch between vaults on the desktop. Now you just need to make it easier in the mobile app. If you don't think swipe is the right "move"... then let the user edit the icons on the bottom of the app. I never use Organize... and rarely use Favorites... let me put a Vaults icon down there to make it easy to switch. 50% of the time... my first action is to open Settings and switch vaults... and it's just annoying.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brett,

I'm sorry we weren't able to implement an easier way to switch between vaults in our recent release! We certainly haven't forgotten about that, but for the last several months or so, our developers needed to focus on adding support for some major new features for iOS 8 - including the 1Password extension for Safari, Touch ID, Apple's new CloudKit technology that we use for iCloud sync, and more.

Thanks for your additional ideas for easier ways to switch between vaults! I'll definitely forward your feedback to our developers. They would definitely like to make vault switching easier, I just don't have a timeframe for when to expect that.

ref: OPI-1070

This discussion has been closed.