Restoring Database from iTunes backups

Options
bleeblah4212
bleeblah4212
Community Member

I lost my original iPhone, which I regularly backed up using a wired connected to iTunes. Fast forward a few weeks and I purchased a new iPhone 6, but during my time without an iPhone, 1Password 6 came out. iPhone 6 minimum OS is version 8.0 which made the switch to the new iCloud Drive. So basically, with this change, all my old data was gone; however, I have my backup folder on my mac which contain files with the suffix .1p4_zip

How do I restore my old passwords using the backup?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Comments

• Good morning, @bleeblah4212‌! I'm sorry about the trouble you've run into with your 1Password data, but good news! With that .1p4_zip file you'll be able to get all your data back into 1Password on your iPhone with no trouble. Let's try this:

• Have you purchased 1Password for Mac? If not, you can use the free trial from our website here.
    • Open 1Password for Mac and choose, I've used 1Password Before.
    • On the next screen choose the last option in the list to restore from a backup.
    • Choose your .1p4_zip backup file.
    • Now that all your data is in 1Password on your Mac you'll need to sync it to your phone. The fastest way to do this is via Wi-Fi, which you can set up by following this guide for your Mac and this guide for your iPhone.

Let me know how this works out and if there's anything else we can do to help. Good luck!

• bleeblah4212
    bleeblah4212
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick response! I began this process by downloading the trial as you suggested. My data was available almost as soon as I began using the app. I don't know how it worked, but thanks. I got my phone synched up now.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perfect! Glad it worked out!

This discussion has been closed.