1Password 5 and Firefox problem

Options
luke1970
luke1970
Community Member

Hi,

I use 1Password 5 Version 5.0.2 (502007) and Firefox 33.0.2 with 1PW Beta Plugin 4.2.5b1 here and I have sometimes a problem:
When I start Firefox and I must unlock 1PW then I don't see my login data in 1PW for an website with login form. (login data for the website are saved in 1PW).
When I search now for the appropriate login data manually in 1PW and I fill out the login form an webpage 1PW ask me now as if create a new login for the webpage.

When I restart Firefox 1PW works fine.
The problem is only when I must unlock 1PW with master password.

Sorry for my bad english :-)

Greetings,
Bernd

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You English is fine :) but can you explain exactly what you see when you say this:

When I start Firefox and I must unlock 1PW then I don't see my login data in 1PW for an website with login form. (login data for the website are saved in 1PW).

If you unlock 1P, go to the relevant website and use the shortcut ⌘\ to fill in the details does that work?

Stephen

• luke1970
    luke1970
    Community Member
    Options

Sometimes. I have the conjecture after waking up my Mac from sleep mode it doesn't work. But I am not sure.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What are your settings in 1P5 > Preferences > Security under Auto-lock? Is it possible you could change them to avoid the problem?

Stephen

• luke1970
    luke1970
    Community Member
    Options

My Auto-Lock setup:

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you don't want 1P automatically to lock when your computer is idle you could un-check all of the options under Auto-lock. If you do that your master password should be required only after a re-boot. I hope I have understood what you want to do. If not, please post again.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luke1970‌

I just want to confirm your steps here, to make sure I understand what you're seeing.

So, when you unlock 1Password, you're seeing a blank pane with none of your data? Or is 1Password not correctly matching a Login to the site that you are viewing?

Is this happening with every website that you use? It sounds to me like there might be a difference between the URL that you are visiting and the URL that is saved in your Login ... but that's likely not the case if you're seeing this for any site you visit.

Thanks so much for your patience as we work to get this sorted out!

• luke1970
    luke1970
    Community Member
    Options

When I unlock 1PW I see a blank pane with none data inside.
    This is with every website.
    After Firefox restart it works fine.

• Ben
    Options

Just so we have some additional information to work with, does this same behavior occur with any other web browsers, or is it only happening with Firefox?

• luke1970
    luke1970
    Community Member
    Options

This problem is only with Firefox here.

• Ben
    Options

Interesting. Can you please try disabling any other installed extensions besides 1Password? If that resolves the problem, re-enable them one at a time until the problem reoccurs, then you will know which causes the conflict.

• luke1970
    luke1970
    Community Member
    Options

Hm, I have only Adblock Plus, Ghostery and 1Password 4.2.5b1 extensions installed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luke1970‌ What was the outcome of bwoodruff's troubleshooting steps? With the other two extensions disabled could you reproduce the blank pane issue? If you couldn't, did re-enabling a particular extension seem to coincide with the return of the blank pane?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I could perhaps add that I'm running Firefox 33.1 with the 4.2.5.b1 1P extension and my add ons include Adblock Edge (similar to Adblock Plus), Ghostery and a host of other extensions. ! am running 1P5 5.1.BETA-2 and have no problems at all. I just have a hunch (nothing more than that) that the extensions and 1P5 version may not be the cause of the OP's problem. That said, I'm really sorry I can't add anything more constructive.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

We've just released an updated version of the Firefox extension (v4.2.5). Please try updating and see if this is still an issue.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.