1Password mini no folder content [moved to email]

Options
IgorTheHuchback
IgorTheHuchback
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

When I click on the 1Password mini app on the Yosemite task bar and move my mouse down to folders and then move the mouse pointer to look in the contents of the folders they are all empty. All I get is a small blank box appear But all the folders in the desktop version of 1Password have logins in the folders as I have arranged them.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @IgorTheHuchback,

What version of 1Password are you using? You can check under 1Password > About 1Password if you're not sure.

Do you see the missing items that should be in the folder elsewhere in mini? If you look under the Logins category in mini (if they are "Login" items), do they appear there?

Thanks in advance for the additional info!

• IgorTheHuchback
    IgorTheHuchback
    Community Member
    Options

Im using the latest version from the Mac Store version 5.0.2

• Hi @IgorTheHuchback‌,

Is it at all possible that you have multiple 1Password installations on your disk? This sounds like something that would happen if someone was running 2 minis. You can check for the presence of another 1Password installation by simply searching Spotlight for "1Password" and making sure it only comes back with 1 app. You can also verify whether two minis are running by using Activity Monitor from /Applications/Utilities and searching for "1Password mini" to see if more than one is running.

The reason I say this sounds like multiple instances of the mini running is that in 1Password 4 and 5, the main app always has to ask the mini for all of your data. The mini is basically the brains of the operation, and the main app has to make requests to it for everything you see inside of it. So for an item to show up in the main app, it means it has to also be present in a mini. If it's not present in the mini you're looking at, then it could be that it's getting the data from another mini that's running along-side the one you're interacting with.

If you find another installation of 1Password on your disk, simply delete it, empty your trash, then reboot your Mac. That should make sure that only 1 mini remains on disk, and that means only 1 mini will be able to get loaded up into memory to run.

I hope this helps. Let us know if this solves your issue. If it doesn't, then we'll be happy to dig further.

Rick

• IgorTheHuchback
    IgorTheHuchback
    Community Member
    Options

No I don't have multiple 1password installations, just the one downloaded from the Apple Store. As I said all data is present in the folders of the main app just not showing in the mini.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IgorTheHuchback‌

That is a bit odd ... We'll need to take a closer look at your system to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• IgorTheHuchback
    IgorTheHuchback
    Community Member
    Options

Info has been sent as requested.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IgorTheHuchback‌ We've received your diagnostic report so we'll continue the discussion over email. Hopefully we'll figure this out for you (it's very odd).

ref: HJC-66364-428

• IgorTheHuchback
    IgorTheHuchback
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thank you littlebobbytables i will keep an eye on my email from now on. Thank for helping.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of @littlebobbytables‌ and the rest of the team, you are very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.