yosemite 1password 5 remote session

Options
gbelleguic
gbelleguic
Community Member

I've just update 1password with the last free update (1password 5), and 1password mini refused to launch.
the message is "unable to open database file".
I use a remote sessions (OS X server maverick).
I've already have the same issued last year.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @gbelleguic‌,

1Password 5 requires Yosemite, it won't run on Mavericks. Are you trying to connect to a different Mac with Yosemite?

• gbelleguic
    gbelleguic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

My mac run under yosemite but the open directory server run under Mavericks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gbelleguic‌

I see that in the thread you linked to, you sent in a Diagnostics Report and our team was helping you out via email - does the solution that they provided for you then no longer work?

My mac run under yosemite but the open directory server run under Mavericks.

Are you storing your datafile on the server?

• gbelleguic
    gbelleguic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

To fix the problem the first time, I've download an other release of 1pwd on your site.

The datafile is store in my home folder, so yes is store on the remote server thought AFP.

Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gbelleguic‌

I'm glad to hear that you got things sorted out - thanks for letting me know!

• gbelleguic
    gbelleguic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    I can't update to 1password 5.

I've downgrade to 4.4.3 on yosemite to keep it working.

• Hi @gbelleguic,

It has to do with the database file, it doesn't like being used on top of network shares as it breaks the file locking process. We went back and forth a few times and it keeps getting broken after each OS X update.

Can you email us your diagnostic report to support+forum@agilebits.com with a link to this thread, please include your forum username as well.

Thanks!

• gbelleguic
    gbelleguic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    I will not send you a diagnostic report, because it's quiet difficult to re-install 1password 4 after an update to 1password 5.

I don't have to much time for the moment to test it.

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Okay. Let us know if you decide in the future you'd like to troubleshoot further.

This discussion has been closed.