How do I remove my icloud data?

Options
teamnoir
teamnoir
Community Member

This page: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/removing-data-from-icloud

says to use a menu item. but I have no such menu item. how do I delete my icloud data?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Since iOS 8 and Yosemite iCloud syncing has been reserved to those applications purchased through Apple i.e. The Mac App Store and iTunes for iOS apps. If you purchased 1Password 4 or 5 direct from AgileBits then iCloud sync isn't possible because of this restriction. For more about how this unfolded I'll link you to Dave Teare's post on the matter.

Now if you're saying you're running the Mac App Store version and you don't see that I'm puzzled. It's there for me and I don't even have iCloud Drive active on my main account. Can you confirm which version you're running by checking the wording under the version number in 1Password : About 1Password. There it will tell you where you purchased it from.

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted mine using my iPhone or iPad - don't recall.

I went to Settings, iCloud, Storage, Manage Storage - you will see 1PW in the Documents & Data section - tap the 1PW data - now click Edit top right of screen and Delete All is available. Delete if you dare or confident you have a current backup on your computer.

• teamnoir
    teamnoir
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytableslittlebobbytables

No, I'm saying that I'm now on Yosemite, and when I "start over", it always wants to read my data from icloud. How do I eliminate that data so that it stops asking?

• teamnoir
    teamnoir
    Community Member
    Options

@DTM thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@teamnoir, were you able to delete your 1Password data from iCloud using an iOS device (as per @DTM's steps) or do you still need help to do that? If you still need help, can you confirm the exact version of 1Password you have installed on your Mac?

• teamnoir
    teamnoir
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know. I only notice whether it is or isn't deleted when I have to reset my mac.

I did delete if from the icloud system preference. I presume that means that it's gone, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.