blank browser page login reload bug.

Options
ahaswell
ahaswell
Community Member

Thought I'd log this now I've experienced it both on a Mavericks install and Yosemite.

If I open a new tab in Firefox, then cmd-\, type the name of the login i want, hit enter, the following happens:
Page loads (in the already open blank window), login is filled, i hit enter to submit (i have autosubmit disabled), the page simply reloads with empty boxes, then i have to cmd-\ again and then submit again to login.

It doesnt happen on all sites but the sites it happens on it always happens....

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ahaswell‌

Could you try something for me please, on one of the sites you know this happens on, could you try saving a new login item manually and see if it still behaves in the same manner. Sometimes things can change or something just goes a little awry. I've had a few where saving a fresh login manually sorts everything out. It's worth a shot anyway. Report back with the results and if it doesn't help we can continue troubleshooting!

• ahaswell
    ahaswell
    Community Member
    Options

It doesnt work, it says incorrect password with the new login. In fact, if I copy the password from my 1Password login to the clipboard using the 'copy' button and then paste it into the login field, the website reports incorrect password. If I just click and let 1Password login for me the password is correct. That is really strange...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ahaswell,

Thanks for following up with those details! Can you please confirm for me where you are clicking to let 1Password log in for you? I'd also love to know the URL that you are working with here that is being so difficult for you - this will allow us to do some testing on our end.

This discussion has been closed.