Why are 1st 4 or 5 default login menu entries unrelated?

Options
Typical User
Typical User
Community Member

There's a group of related sites I have to visit multiple times a day.

Yet when I am ready to log in, the first (and only) 4 or 5 menu items are garbage, insofar as they're unrelated and useless for the site I'm visiting, but I see no way to control the default entries in my login item menu.

I'd at least like some control over how the default login list is populated so I don't have to keep clicking 'show more items' to get to the login item I really want, in spite of the fact that nonsense options are offered to me on a silver platter. I skimmed through some documentation but saw nothing on the subject, so I'm posting the issue/question.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Typical User

I'm assuming that by 'default login menu', you're referring to the suggested Logins shown by the mini when you're viewing a website's sign-in page (like so):

These Logins are matched to the site you are visiting based on the URL. There are two ways that 1Password can sort these Logins:

• Precise domain matching: This will take into account both the subdomain and domain when matching URLs. (accounts.google.com)
    • Lenient domain matching: When 'Lenient URL Matching' is enabled in Preferences > Browser, 1Password will only look at the main domain when matching URLs. (google.com)

If you happen to have a lot of Logins for the same domain but with different subdomains, you want to ensure that 'Lenient URL Matching' is not enabled in Preferences > Browser, so that 1Password can more precisely match the URL to the site that you are viewing.

For example, as an AgileBits employee, I have half a dozen different Logins, all for the agilebits.com domain. With 'Lenient URL Matching', when I visit discussions.agilebits.com, I will also see my blog.agilebits.com Login and all the others.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.