How do I avoid using my friends' credit cards

Options
Bewildered
Bewildered
Community Member

Slight problem. I have various incomputerate friends, who, when they want a staple remover or rolls for their calculators or a new computer, get me to do the order for them. So naturally I've saved their credit cards in 1Password.
I knew it was going to happen some time; I bought something accidentally with one of their credit cards and it's going to be sent to him. Of course I'll give him the money and get it from him - luckily it's only a DVD of an ancient film, so it's not that embarrassing…
But is there any way of stopping these accounts being offered up automatically when I go to the sites where they've been used before?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bewildered,

You're a great friend to help out like this! There are a few options to keep your friends' data separate from your own:

• Create a secondary vault. Since 1Password mini will only show you one vault's data at a time, you would need to specifically switch to that vault to select their card, much less easy to do accidentally.
    • Select the 'Never display in browser' option in the entry so that it will not show in 1Password mini or the browser. You'll have to go to the main app to copy their details when necessary.

Making sure each credit card has a unique name can help as well. For example, instead of using 'Visa' as the title, you could use 'BEWARE! Bob's Visa' (or something less obvious if you prefer.) :)

• Bewildered
    Bewildered
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, thank you so much! That's ideal!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bewildered‌

I'm happy to help! We're here for you if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.