iOS and iPassword 3, dropping data fields, not correctly syncing

JanePublic
JanePublic
Community Member
edited November 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Using iOS8.0.2 with1Password app v.5.1.1 and OSx10.7.5 with iPassword v.3.8.22
When I create a Login within the iPhone app (v.5.1.1) only a portion of the info I include ends up appearing in the desktop application for that new Login info. When I create a Login in the desktop application, on my Mac, all of the data appears in the iPhone app. It doesn't seem to be the same information field isn't carrying over (syncing), the 'dropped' info is random. I know it's syncing, I've created 'Test' Logins from both my iPhone and laptop. I've cleared out caches, rebuilt the database, linked and unlinked the dropbox.

Any thoughts as to why this happening and how to fix it? Many thanks for your guidance.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JanePublic,

Thanks for writing such a detailed report! Including your version numbers helps us a lot. I just want to clarify one thing: you say that the information that doesn't sync seems random. Version 3 of 1Password doesn't support custom fields. Are you adding data beyond the username, password and URL in Logins on iOS? Any custom fields will not show up in 1Password 3 for Mac. Additionally, the ability to store multiple URLs in one entry was introduced in 1Password 4, so multiple URLs will not show up in version 3 either.

Is that data that is not showing up in 1Password 3 for Mac a custom field or a secondary URL?

As a follow-up question, once you confirm that you don't see the details on your Mac, what happens to your iOS entry? Do you still see the fields there?

Thanks for your patience as we work to track this down!

• JanePublic
    JanePublic
    Community Member

Hi Megan, thank you for your reply. What is the definition of a 'custom' field?
    Most of my data is created using the iPhone app. I have used 'Add new section' and 'Add new field.' which I suppose could be a deviation from the standard issue template and considered 'custom' ?
    If that's the case, what version of the desktop application will permit me to see info created by my having used 'Add new section' and 'Add new field.'
    Many Thanks for your care and instruction.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JanePublic‌

I apologize if I wasn't clear (sometimes we get a bit too used to the 1Password-lingo!) Using the 'Add new section' and 'Add new field' options in 1Password 5 for iOS is making use of our custom fields. 1Password 4 for Mac (for OS X 10.8.5+) and 1Password 5 for Mac (for OS X 10.10) can both display custom fields.

If you have upgraded your operating system to OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), I strongly recommend upgrading 1Password as well, because 1Password 5 was written to look great, and work smoothly in Apple's latest operating system.

However, if you are stuck on an older OS and can't upgrade right now, you might want to consider using the notes field to store any extra details beyond the standard fields provided, as these will show up properly in both 1Password 5 for iOS and 1Password 3 for Mac.

I hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.