PIN code setting not shown after phone upgrade

Options
spyder
spyder
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for a while on my iPhone 5, and just upgraded to a 6. I have been using a PIN code but now that I have Touch ID available the UI was a little confused. The security page info text told me I had a PIN lock (and it was still working), but there was no option in the UI to change the PIN code.

I enabled Touch ID and all mention of PIN lock went away, but now I'm concerned that the PIN setting is still enabled somewhere in the internal settings.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @spyder,

Currently, 1Password doesn't allow you to set up a PIN code on an iOS device with Touch ID. However, if Touch ID and the device passcode are disabled, 1Password will show the option to create a PIN code (but you would get an error if you tried to switch it on).

Seeing an option for the PIN code on a Touch ID device is just a small glitch - it's non-functional and won't cause any problems, so you don't need to worry about it. I'm sorry for the confusion about that!

• spyder
    spyder
    Community Member
    Options

That's not what I'm saying :)

The PIN was set on a device without touch id, and then I upgraded to a device with it and restored my old phone backup.

In this scenario, the PIN was still set, and still worked, but I could not adjust the setting or disable the PIN. That's definitely a bug.

I have enabled touch id now, but I'm concerned that the PIN setting (and the code I set) are still lurking around in the internal settings somewhere.

• Hi @spyder,

In this scenario, the PIN was still set, and still worked, but I could not adjust the setting or disable the PIN. That's definitely a bug.

I'm suspecting at the initial launch after you already restored on the new iPhone 6, 1Password thought you were still on iPhone 5, that's why it was still offering the PIN code. However, it then had a glitch because it noticed you have Touch ID on.

We'll see if we can find a way to test this internally and find a fix for this.

Thanks for reporting this!

This discussion has been closed.