Login in 1P Browser -> Stay logged in in Safari possible?

Wurmlochreisender
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hi!

I like to way you can login almost automatically into websites by opening them with the 1P browser where it fills in the forms, much easier than copy/paste the information (y)
However I noticed that I seem to only stay logged in when I use the browser inside 1P, when I later open the same page in Safari I am logged out. Is there a way to stay logged in when I switch the browser by sharing the cookies and doesn't use 1P the same rendering engine?
Also I wonder as it seems that the 1P browser and Safari don't seem to use the same cookie database right now, is there a way to manage the cookies the 1P browser stores, I like deleting them from time to time in all browsers I use?

Thanks and greetings!

Comments

• Wurmlochreisender
    edited December 1969
    Well, I did experiment a little more with this and it seems that indeed Safari and the 1P inbuilt browser use their own cookie database, when I log into a website in 1P, I am not logged in when using Safari and the same when I first log in using Safari and then use the 1P browser.

I can see that this is a security win when I should lose my phone and people don't have access to all the websites I am logged in at, but I still would like to see an option to let 1P use the default cookie database of Safari, I just like the idea of using 1P for convenient logins and being able to use otherwise Safari, switching the browser all the time for normal sites and sites where I have to log in is not so convenient. Sites that are very critical (banking, webshops) I always logout myself.

And how do I manage/delete the cookies the 1P browser stores, I didn't find an option for that? Safari has an option for that and I delete them sometimes, how about the cookies 1P stores?
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    On the mobile devices, each app has it's own "sandbox" and has very little access to any information other than that saved by each specific app. The built-in browser provided in the 1Password apps cannot access your Mobile Safari cookies, bookmarks, etc. and vis-a-versa.

There is currently no way to manage any saved cookies within the 1Password built-in browsers.
  • JP.x
    JP.x
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Isn't there maybe a possibility could import my Safari bookmarks on my Mac into the OSX version of 1PW, and then Sync to mobile? Then I could use 1PW only, and don't have To Switch between the two browsers. Ideally the 1PW Browser Gould then feature history and bookmarks Addition!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    JP.x wrote:
    Isn't there maybe a possibility could import my Safari bookmarks on my Mac into the OSX version of 1PW, and then Sync to mobile?

This might get you where you want to be:

Connect your Apple mobile device to the iTunes cable, open iTunes on your Mac, expand the Devices section, choose the connected device, choose the Info tab, scroll down to the Other section, enable the "Sync Safari bookmarks" option, and click the Sync button.
  • JP.x
    JP.x
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    ;) Do that already....
    I did ask to get them into 1PW and use the 1PW Browser only! If in Safari I always have to switch between the two apps, which might be Ok for the Fee iPhone inszances you Need a Browser but is annoying on the iPad.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Sorry I misread the question, JP.x.

There's currently no way to import Safari bookmarks into 1Password.

If you're wanting to import Safari-saved passwords, though, you can do that in 1Password on your Mac. From the File menu, choose Import, and set the Import Format field to Safari and Camino.

I hope that'll help, but please let us know if I've misunderstood again. (doh)
  • JP.x
    JP.x
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Well, the first part of your answer was what I needed To know, the Second part was actually again a misunderstanding ;)
    Anyway, I now know that this workaround will Not work, which is Why I desperately weit for the "lookup" bookmarklet To work again on the iPad.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    A couple of colleagues and I couldn't think what we would be able to do with just bookmarks, so (although I answered that question first) I also wanted to offer an answer to the question I thought you might be asking, just in case.

Just part of the Friendly Full-Service Package. :D
This discussion has been closed.