Touch ID

Hwyoung
Hwyoung
Community Member

Prior to the recent update I was able to access my account using Touch ID on my iPhone 6. After the update my full password is now required. It seems that all references to Touch ID have been removed.

Comments

• Good morning @Hwyoung, and thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with Touch ID on your new iPhone. Just so we're clear, if you tap on Settings > Security within 1Password you don't see the option to enable Touch ID? Do you see an option for PIN Code? Do you have Touch ID enabled on your device in Settings.app?

• Tomasz Krawczak
    Tomasz Krawczak
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Can I butt in on this thread?
    I have iPhone 5s, latest OS and Latest 1P versions.
    Touch ID is enabled in the phone settings and 1P. And the option to unlock the app with Touch ID does not even present it self. I always have to type in the textural master password (which is long and complicated and a pain in the neck not type)
    Any ideas?
    I have read a lot of threads with this problem, tried all the fixes I could find, still nothing.
    BTW, I don't even get the option for a PIN number unlock. I get that on the iPad, but no the phone

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tomasz Krawczak

I'd be happy to help you out here, but I will need a bit more detail first. Could you please provide the version numbers for 1Password and the OS? You can find 1Password's version number in the Settings pane (tap on the gear icon) and scroll down to below the 'Recommend 1Password' item. Our developers have been making a lot of great changes and fixing a lot of bugs with every update, so if you have somehow missed one, it could explain why things are going wonky. ;)

I'd also like a few more details on how exactly you have your Security preferences set. This could help us determine where things are getting tangled up.

BTW, I don't even get the option for a PIN number unlock. I get that on the iPad, but no the phone

For TouchID enabled devices, you will not have the option to add a PIN.

This discussion has been closed.