The system launched an incorrect version of 1Password mini.

Options
jwholder
jwholder
Community Member

I keep getting the error message/warning below when 1P launches. It's because I have a backup disk of my boot disk online and 1P is launching 1P mini from it instead of my boot disk. There should not be a requirement (as the warning message says) of having only 1 copy of 1Password on my entire system (I keep my backup disk online so it can be periodically backed up to from my boot disk!) 1Password should be checking to ensure that 1P mini is only ever launched from the boot disk's /Applications folder!!!

The system launched an incorrect version of 1Password mini.

Instead of '/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/LoginItems' it started '/Volumes/8 Boot DIsk Backup/Applications/1Password 5.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems'.

Please make sure you have only one copy of 1Password on your Mac.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is a problem when you run Yosemite. Others have reported a work around—which is to disable Spotlight from indexing the attached backup disk. You may have to reboot after doing that.

Stephen

• jwholder
    jwholder
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the heads up on this!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jwholder‌

I'm glad to hear that @Stephen_C's suggestions helped! We hope that Yosemite will be better able to deal with situations like this soon.

This discussion has been closed.