not syncing agilekeychain with dropbox

Options
Theo
Theo
Community Member

My dropbox is working, but it's not syncing the agilekeychain. Please help!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Theo‌

I'm afraid that's a little sparse on details so the suggestions are going to be a little general for the moment.

The first thing to do is to check that 1Password for Mac is indeed syncing your vault to Dropbox by looking in 1Password > Preferences and then the Sync tab. In there you should be able to see if it's set up to sync and when it last did. Here's a link to our guide for syncing with Dropbox and it includes screenshots of the various stages to help see where you are.

Now if the issue is you've set up two devices and it looks like it should be working but changes aren't visible then I'd suggest the following:

1. Create a test item on each device, each with a unique name.
    2. Give each device a moment to sync the new item.
    3. Going via the Dropbox web interface, view your vault using 1PasswordAnywhere and check to see which items are present.

If you can do that and report back here we can try exploring possible solutions. The tricky part is right now it's impossible to know what's going on unless you supply more detail. Information such as the results of the above, what operating systems you're running 1Password on, what version of 1Password the observations that led to the "not syncing" statement etc. that will all help to narrow down the possible cause. Just as a starter, one of our sticky threads (sticky as in it is always at the top) titled Helping AgileBits Help You in the Forums has a couple of bullet points of details that can make a big difference in why something is going wrong.

We're here and will do out best to help once you've posted back.

This discussion has been closed.