Syncing via WiFi - Connection refused

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Not syncing with iCloud upgrading to Yosemite.

Comments

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member
    Options

OK, so I've given up on syncing thru iCloud, but I'm still not able to sync thru wi-fi on my iPad. Both my Mac and my iPad are definitely using the same wi-fi. On my Mac, iPassword > Window > Wi-Fi Sync, "Use Wi-Fi to sync this Mac with IOS devices" is checked. I get the "secret" code. On my iPad, when I tap on the "Sync using Wi-Fi" link, tap on my Mac, and enter the secret code, I get "Sync Problem, The operation couldn't be completed. Connection refused." Note that my Mac sometimes doesn't even show up when I tap on the "Sync using Wi-Fi" link. Di I have a problem with my wi-fi router? Also note that I do not have a "Sync" option under Settings on my iPad that is alluded to in several troubleshooting guides.

• heatherthedev
    heatherthedev
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue! Same scenario, same error message.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Do you have both 1Password 5 for iOS on your iOS devices and 1Password 5 for Mac on your Macs?

If you do, please try syncing through an ad hoc network (this will rule your WiFi router/network in or out as the problem):

Thanks,

• mcaldwell
    mcaldwell
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. I just tried to create an ad hoc network and tried syncing through that and received the same error message on my iPad. (Network is unreachable) Error Domain Code=51. Would biting the bullet and purchasing the App Store version for my Mac and switching to iCloud back up solve this? I really don't want to purchase the Store App, as I bought the 1Password 5 web version approximately two months ago. I'm just frustrated as this used to be my favorite app, and I was hoping synching between multiple devices would be easier. I've spent almost six hours trying to synch all my devices with no success. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

In my experience wifi sync can be just a little temperamental still—although much better in the latest iOS version (5.1.2). However, I've never found it so temperamental that a quick reboot, or force close and re-start of 1P, would not cure it. I personally would certainly not think it worthwhile changing to the App Store version and iCloud sync (which sometimes seems to have its own set of problems anyway).

In a nutshell, persevere with wifi sync and if it still won't work for you after you've done what I've suggested just make sure you are using 1P5.1.2 on iOS and then post again if you still have problems. I'm sure the combined resources of the forum will be able to resolve the issue for you.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.