1Password for Mac & iOS categories

Options
sherifelabd
sherifelabd
Community Member

I bought 1Password for Mac (Yosemite), then I added the new categories and everything worked fine on my Mac. My problem is that in my iPhone (iOS 8.1) i don't see the new categories added, either through iCloud or wifi syncing.

How can this be solved? Please don't tell me that i have to purchase the iOS version.

Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect the categories you are not seeing on the iOS version are things like Bank Accounts, Email Accounts, Memberships, Passports, Reward Programs, Wireless Routers, Software Licenses, etc. If so...

Please don't tell me that i have to purchase the iOS version

Well, OK, I'm not telling you to buy but the iOS in-app purchase would be the solution! ;) It will unlock the pro features mentioned on this AgileBits page.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sherifelabd‌

As a previous 1Password 4 for iOS user, the Pro features were enabled by default for me so I've never actually used the free version of 1Password 5 before. So I'm working off the same information source as Stephen_C supplied.

If you are creating items in categories outside of:

• Logins
    • Identities
    • Credit Cards
    • Secure Notes

then as you've noted, the category pops up in the Sidebar of 1Password for Mac as soon as you create an item of that type. Yet if you are syncing to the free version of 1Password 5 for iOS then categories outside of that list aren't visible. The data is in your sync repository and on your iOS device, it's just the category isn't visible in the category list.

With 1Password 5 for iOS AgileBits have explored a different route, that of the freemium model. You can use 1Password 5 for iOS in various ways and not have to pay for it at all whereas all previous versions were a paid for app in the iTunes store. The intent has always been that each version is a stand alone copy that doesn't rely on the others. You're certainly obliged to purchase the extra features, I suppose we're kind of hoping that you'd like to because you love the app :smile:

• sherifelabd
    sherifelabd
    Community Member
    Options

:'( :'( at
    I have already paid $35 for the Mac version then I have to pay another $10!!!!

On the other hand I'm in love with the app <3 <3 <3

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sherifelabd‌ I have no way of verifying this at the moment I'm afraid but I do believe all of your new items are on your device. The idea isn't to make you feel compelled to upgrade.

It's always nice to hear others love the app though :agree: I was a customer of AgileBits' long before I had the honour of joining their ranks and like yourself I love the app. I've been a fan since 1Password 3.

This discussion has been closed.